Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mountain High Yoghurt Recipe #1: Orange Creamsicle Smoothie

In the spirit of my business school project, and of not losing my mind, I'm challenging myself to find new and creative ways to cook with my subject: Mountain High Yoghurt.

It's new to the East Coast, but can be found in some stores.  32oz jugs.  It's worth it. Here's my first venture.

Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
3 heaping spoonfuls of Mountain High Yoghurt
2 tablespoons of Trader Joe's Vanilla Whey Protein (or 1 tbs sugar)
6oz of Orange Juice
1 tray of ice
optional: double shot of Pinnacle Cake flavored Vodka

Throw it all into your magic bullet and let pulse til smooth.  Best enjoyed with a straw stolen from Dunkin' donuts, and I bet it would've been delish with some whipped cream on top.  But we did not have any...

2 comments:

Lindsay Mueller said...

Three thoughts.

1. Pinnacle Cake flavored vodka is hilariously specific.

2. I had no idea TJ's carried whey protein.

3. Are magic bullets really worth it?

Julia MB said...

Hi! I'm looking for mutual followers.
http://shoppingepisodes.blogspot.com/